DAY ONE’s Impact
DAY ONE impact aims over next 5 years
Creating the best learning opportunities for young children in New York State by providing state of the art training for early childhood teachers.
What DAY ONE will accomplish over 5 years
- Train and place 200 early childhood teachers in Poughkeepsie and Dutchess County who will receive a living wage.
- Provide 300 children an affordable early childhood education that helps them enter kindergarten, ready to continue learning
- Help parents enter or re-enter the workforce, confident their children are thriving
- Support parents to become strong advocates for their children and families
- Encourage young families to stay in Poughkeepsie and Dutchess County
- Build a sustainable model that can be replicated nationwide