Our Team
Julie Riess
Every child deserves a state of the art start and I am passionate about making that happen in the city of Poughkeepsie and beyond.”

Julie Riess

My life’s work has led me down many pathways. I am a developmental psychologist who has worked at the intersection of theory, research and practice for my entire career. I have been the director of Vassar College’s early childhood laboratory school for the past 25 years. I’ve also worked in a research lab looking at the long term effects of early childhood lead poisoning and helped explore the benefits of intergenerational programs for children and elders. I’ve written a parenting column for fifteen years and developed best practice inclusion environments for early learning. DAY ONE has arrived at a pinnacle moment in Poughkeepsie and in my life’s work.

My goal is to provide a model of high quality early childhood education and inclusive learning environments for each and every child and their families. Every child deserves a state of the art start and I am passionate about making that happen in the city of Poughkeepsie and beyond.

DAY ONE has arrived at a pinnacle moment in Poughkeepsie and in my life’s work.