Our Team
Geraldine Laybourne
I have always been a supporter, promoter and advocate for women: I believe in mentoring and helping to connect women to jobs they can love.”

Geraldine Laybourne

I grew up in a rural town in New Jersey with a mother who made everything fun and creative. I went to Vassar College and learned to question conventional thinking which helped me lead the team that created Nickelodeon in the 1980’s and 90’s. I have been slimed!

I have an MA in education with a focus on child development. Though we created a successful business, my measure of success for Nickelodeon was the fact that our audience felt we understood them and “liked them just the way they were.” My four grandchildren are my inspiration. I have always been an advocate for kids: I’ve testified in Congress and spoken on their behalf on national TV, at conferences, and in the White House.

I have always been a supporter, promoter and advocate for women: I believe in mentoring and helping to connect women to jobs they can love. I live in Dutchess County and I am an advocate of Poughkeepsie and Dutchess County getting our fair share of help for our families.

I have always been an advocate for kids: I’ve testified in Congress and spoken on their behalf on national TV, at conferences, and in the White House.