Our Team
Satara Brown
I know that our parents want the best for their kids and I am thrilled to be part of Day One to make sure they participate in and benefit from our program"

Satara Brown

I was born and raised in Poughkeepsie and from an early age have been concerned about kids and Poughkeepsie’s families. I went to Dutchess Community College and got an AA degree and later received a Bachelor of Arts in Sociology from the State University of New York at Albany in 2013. I have an Executive Certificate in Non-Profit Leadership from John F. Kennedy School at Harvard University and am currently enrolled in a Masters Program at John Jay College of Criminal Justice.

I’ve long been an advocate for the most vulnerable through the NY State Justice Center and a few years ago I formed Rebuilding Our Children and Community Inc., a non-profit organization to better serve the children and families of Dutchess County. I am active in the community through Dutchess Community College’s Service Learning Community Partner Advisory Group, serve on the Board of Directors of the Poughkeepsie Public School’s Foundation and on the Board of Advisors for My Angels Home Care. I know that our parents want the best for their kids and I am thrilled to be part of Day One to make sure they participate in and benefit from our program.

I’ve long been an advocate for the most vulnerable through the NY State Justice Center and a few years ago I formed Rebuilding Our Children and Community Inc.